Tuesday, February 23, 2010

food inc ellen

I really can't say my opinions of the food industry have changed since viewing food inc. I've always been aware of the food industry and have tried to be especially careful when selecting where to buy my meat. I even turned to veganism for a number of years when I was younger, but I began to feel that it was not a healthy option. Ultimately, I think you need to be extremely well informed as a consumer. I grew up in a place with many, many farms and have on many occasions, met my dinner. I can't say that it's a good experience but i do think that it's important to make people aware of that at a younger age. As far as humane treatment of animals meant for human consumption goes, I think the best thing you can do for yourself and your food is to raise it. I understand alot of people are uncomfortable with this, but if you can separate yourself from the pre-packaged meat you buy in the store, knowing that it comes from an animal that suffered great trauma then you should be able to switch gears and raise it healthy, ending its life quickly and humanely.

No comments:

Post a Comment