Sunday, February 21, 2010

Food Inc.

Before watching Food Inc., I sort of knew that the meat industry was sketchy in this country, but I've always avoided the fact by not thinking about it. A couple of my close friends are vegetarians and their actions have made me think about it a little bit in the past year.

What really shocked me about the film was that it doesn't matter whether you order meat from a restaurant or buy in a supermarket, chances are it's coming from the same place. This was disturbing to me because I won't order meat in a restaurant simply because I don't trust the people handling my food. However, I can't even select my own meat in a grocery store without thinking about some of the images from the film now.

The other thing that made me mad was that in some states you can't have a negative opinion about the meat or you'll be sued. I'm already not a fan of the lies, greed, etc. in our government, but this just disgusts me even more. The fact that our government is so controlling, rather manipulative of our food industry and its businesses, I honestly don't know who or what I should trust anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment