Monday, February 22, 2010

Food Inc.

Watching Food Inc. really opened my eyes to the many factors that effect our economy from food production. I was prepared for the killing of animals because living in Texas near a packing plant I have heard and witnessed the mass killings myself. What really surprised me was the way the companies, that need the large quantities of product, bury the farmers in debt. They pay the farmers barely enough to be considered above the poverty line and put them in a debt that basically enslaves them for life. Not only does this destroy our farming community and leave them with little or no say, it kills our banking system. Imagining the massive amounts of farmers required to support our food intake in America, this problem has to be a major contributor to the downfall of our banking system. Allowing huge corporations like Walmart to basically use our federal government and horrible national debt to fuel their small buisiness killing machine really makes me mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment