Sunday, February 21, 2010

Food Inc.

I have heard rumors about the food industry and what they do to excelerate the animal's growing but this was the first time I watch the movie and see for myself. It was very upsetting to me what the food industry are doing to the animal. All they want to do is to maximize their profit, they don't care about the animals, the consumers' health and the farmers' health and living. It has to deal with ethic issues and humanity. What they do in the food industry is crucial.
However, looking at the other side of the blades, we are such a consumer culture. Coming from a different background, Americans use, spend and waste so much comparing to other country. To serve the public's demand, industry had to try different ways even when it's is unethical. It is a sad fact. I like how the movie make people realize the truth of what they really are really consuming. Public need to be more informed and educated, it was terrible how the big food industries and the government hide things from us. And to me, a little positive part of the recession is people start to reserve, save more and not being wastefull on anything they can.
The movie won't change the way I eat, but I will be so much more conscious of where the food I eat coming from. How was it grown and if it is organic? I will try to support more of local farmers and less on the big meat industries such as Tyson.

No comments:

Post a Comment