Thursday, February 18, 2010

Food Inc.

Food Inc. just made me confused, about everything. I knew before that the chickens we eat are treated badly but I never thought about what kind of diseases they could have and how sick that could make us for eating them. I understand why they alter the chickens to grow faster and have so many of them piled up in each farm, because we have such a huge population. If chickens were raised the normal way, I feel we would quickly run out. This makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is why it's such a big secret. They are hiding so much from us so I feel like there's much more going on then what we know about. You can't trust any food you buy whether it be meat or veggies. We have absolutely no control over it either. What are we going to do? Just not eat food? It's scary but there's just nothing anyone can do about it. One thing I didn't know was how badly farmers are treated. If they don't follow all the rules, they're out of a business. Plus they don't make nearly as much money as they should. Big companies like Tyson are just using these farmers. It would be great if every farmer did things the "right" way with healthy animals. I don't see this happening because the economy is so bad. They will have to eventually give in to the bigger companies. I don't think I would stop eating meat after seeing the movie. I've been eating it my whole life so it's just natural to me. I feel like it's pointless for me to worry about it too much because it's out of my control. I'm just not sure what to think about it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment